Sunday, July 12, 2009

Side Dishes

Ugh, Side Dishes.

By the time I'm done making a meal for my family, I typically am not in the mood to make a side dish. SO, I typically make enough of 1 side dish to last for 2 nights, so I only have to make them every now and again.
Also, unless I have a specific side dish that I am serving with that meal, you can just assume that I am serving one of the following with our meal:

Fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables with minimal preparation such as:
Corn, Strawberries, Green Beans, Blueberries, Zucchini, Squash
Grains, such as:
Quinoa, Couscous, Rice
Or simple sides, such as:
Coleslaw Salad (I buy the pre-shredded lettuce and mix lite mayo, dijon mustard, lemon, and a little horseradish in for a yummy side!)
Smoothies

There is nothing easier than throwing a bowl of freshly-washed fruit, or some quinoa with a spritz of lemon and salt on the table!