Monday, September 7, 2009

Guest Blogger: Homemade Pancake Mix

I know I promised another dessert, but I've come across something wonderful recently, and it's my very own pancake mix! I purchased a wheat grinder a few weeks ago and have been incorporating whole wheat into every recipe I think can handle it.

Remember the blueberry flax pancakes Alicia posted from allrecipes.com a few weeks ago? One of the reviewers on that site said to try it using a pancake mix that was also on allrecipes.com. It's part wheat flour and part white flour, which is exactly what I was looking for. My kids love pancakes, and I love that you make the mix up, store it, and just add milk and eggs when you're ready.


Pancake Mix

4 c. white flour
2 c. wheat flour
2/3 c. sugar
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. baking soda

Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
To make, mix 1 c. pancake mix with 1 egg and 3/4 c. milk.
Pour onto hot griddle, bake, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment