Monday, September 28, 2009

Menu 4 - "Best of" Menu

I've been on vacation at my mom's house - hence, there has been very little cooking and mostly just lots of eating going on around here. My husband is always getting after me for not recycling recipes (so I like to try new things, so sue me!), so enjoy this menu with some of my favorite recent repeats from past menus!

Vegetarian:
Butternut Squash and Corn Chowder - I've made this twice now - and that's rare around my house. I just think it is perfection in a bowl. Even my 2-year old loves it! Add a dash of nutmeg to it to spice it up.
Stewed Vegetable Gratin - So yummy and really guilt-free!


Comfort:
Thai Chicken Curry - Again, so so delicious and easy to make.
Chicken Quesadilla Pie - My family (and I) loved this. I also threw in some extra mushrooms and zucchini to lower the amount of meat and increase veggies without the knowledge of my picky little eaters. =)

Slow Cooker:
Smoky Beef Tacos - These had a fun flavor and were just the perfect spiciness. I loved that they were a little different than your normal slow cooker taco recipe.
Thai Chicken and Noodles - So fun and different for a slow cooker!

Fun:
Grilled Salmon with Sweet Corn and Avocado Relish - This will please even non-fish lovers, honestly. It was so easy, so delicious. I will be making this for years to come! Click here for a picture and information on how I did it.
Ultimate Steak Sandwiches - I know it would be expensive to make these sandwiches and Salmon in one menu cycle - but these were my two favorite fun recipes recently. I just couldn't get over the tenderness of the steak and the delicious flavors together. I did cut costs and just used normal cheeses that I had on hand.

Fast:
Tomato and Mozzarella Quesadillas with Basil - I serve all the ingredients on the quesadilla itself. Fresh basil is key to this recipe. The ingredients themselves are very simple, but SO delicious together.
Mexican Lasagna - Easy, filling, fast, and best of all: YUMMY!

Sweet Treat:
Let's give one last shout-out to summer with Stacie's delicious Black-bottom Banana Cream Pie!

See you in 2 weeks with more autumn harvest recipes - and I promise, pictures this time. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment